Finally time to hit the road!

Finally time to hit the road!

P6150096

Hey All!

Alright so I’ve never had a blog before and am still not 100% sure how this works, but here we go! I’m currently sitting in the LAX airport waiting for my 10 HOUR layover to be over, and figured that now was as good a time as any to start writing. The past few days have been crazy hectic trying to get everything finished and ready for the trip. Between packing, filling out paperwork, saying goodbye to friends, and trying to reassure my parents that “I’ll be fine”, today couldn’t have come soon enough! I’ve been this weird mix between excited and nervous the past few days and wasn’t really sure how to react this morning when I waved bye to my parents and left good old Pittsburgh. My first flight to Denver wasn’t too bad, but it was super cramped! The second flight though was awesome!!! Aside from going to study abroad in New Zealand, there are two things that I swore I would do someday: 1) go to Colorado, and 2) see the Grand Canyon. Well, thanks to my layover and second flight I have those both checked off (so it’s safe to say I am quite the happy camper right now!).

Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon!

Grand Canyon!

More Grand Canyon

More Grand Canyon

So yeah as you can see, I was a little excited! Once That flight was over I landed here in LA and here I shall stay until 10:30pm LA’s time. It’s hard to believe that it is already time to leave. I’m excited because this is a trip I have been aiming to do for the past 4 years or so, but I’m also nervous because I’ve never been this far away from home before.

I’m going with Arcadia University, so once we land in Auckland there will be an Arcadia orientation where we will all meet each other and figure out how to get phones and whatnot. The only bad part is that I am the only student through Arcadia going to Lincoln University, so none of the people I’ll meet the next few days will be people I spend the semester with. It should still be a ton of fun though!

Right now the layover isn’t all that bad. There a ton of us hanging out in one of the cafe’s watching the USA game for World Cup! Once the game is over though it will be hours of movies and reading until they finally start to board my flight! For now though, I think this is where I’ll stop. New Zealand here I come!!!!!

ahhhh New Zealand!

Finally something that says New Zealand

Submit a Comment